- In terms of starategy learned today that on an operation that I need to multiply and divide… better divide first so that I am working with smaller numbers.
- For some reason I dislike that notation where one does a number and a fraction together to simbolize X full and remainder fraction. I should stop disliking it. Let’s like it, let’s welcome it.
- Another thing I learned is that I should plug into answers for questions like the one below.
Consider this question:
Hmm so here main issue is that I didn’t actually fully understand the question. “What is the number of boxes that remain to be filled” … that sentence really confused me.
Hmm… I used the strategy of substituting by numbers… but got stuck cause I was geting negative answer value (I thought question asked if we had more boxes than required… after filling the ones that could, how many remain… :P).
Main lesson here is… first of all… DO follow the number substituting strategy for this kind of question. Second rule is… just plug into the answers… don’t think to much about building the formula. Just plug and see which of the formulas gives you the right answer.
- I get a bit stuck with RATIOS. Will reinforce it. Need to speed it up.
- Big learning on question below. Sometimes best strategy is to REARRANGE the given solutions! Below becomes prettye easy if one does that. Otherwise big mess… I actually got it wrong and spent 2:30 min when I tried. Lesson learned.